Built to impress
It can be hard to make a sound bar that stands out from the crowd, but that was Bose's aim with the Soundbar 700. In their own words, it's “designed to be the world's best soundbar.” That's a bold statement, so you can bet I was excited to try this one out. Spoiler alert: I loved it.
The contextual remote only illuminated the buttons I needed to control the music I was playing over Bluetooth. So cool!
Sleek and solid
The Soundbar 700 makes a good impression before you even plug it in. It feels very well-built, and the metal grille and tempered glass top are lovely. Even the remote control is a thing of beauty with its soft-touch exterior and contextual buttons (that means the remote only lights up the buttons you need for the task at hand).
But how did it sound?
I really wanted to put the Soundbar 700 through its paces so my test movie was Thor: Ragnarok. When Led Zeppelin's “Immigrant Song” kicked in near the beginning of the film, I knew this sound bar would not disappoint. I was impressed with the depth and clarity it brought to both the movie effects and the soundtrack music.
Built-in voice control
Want your sound bar to tell you a joke, provide a weather forecast, or just turn up the volume on your favorite song? No problem. The Soundbar 700 has Amazon Alexa built right in, with a custom-designed eight-microphone array so Alexa can hear you no matter how loud your music is. The light bar on the front makes it easy to see when Alexa is listening, thinking, or speaking.
Music (pretty much any way you want it)
The Soundbar 700 has built-in Bluetooth® and Wi-Fi® for practically endless wireless music options. Apple® AirPlay® 2 functionality is planned for early 2019. But in the meantime, dip your toe in the waters of whole-home audio with the Bose Music App. You can wirelessly stream online music services like Pandora® and Spotify® to your sound bar. Expand your system into other rooms by picking up a Bose Home Speaker 500 or two. You can group and control all your Bose smart speakers from the same app.
Want an even more immersive experience? Add a pair of Bose wireless Surround Speakers or Surround Speakers 700. These compact speakers work seamlessly with this system to deliver complete wraparound sound effects. Bose also offers the optional wireless Bass Module 700 — the most powerful one they've ever made. It communicates wirelessly with the sound bar to add oomph to everything from action movies to dance mixes.
Bose® Soundbar 700:
- slim three-channel sound bar fits neatly into your TV setup
- sturdy metal construction with sleek, tempered glass top panel
- built-in voice control with Amazon Alexa
- voice control of compatible music streaming services and smart home devices
- superior voice pickup from a custom-designed eight-microphone array
- light bar visually indicates when Alexa is listening, thinking, or speaking
- specially designed drivers deliver full, spacious sound
- PhaseGuide® technology simulates surround effects by reflecting sound around your room
- ADAPTiQ® audio calibration adjusts the sound based on your room's size and shape
- QuietPort™ technology enhances bass response and lowers distortion
- optional Bose Bass Module 700, Surround Speakers, and Surround Speakers 700 sold separately
- Bluetooth connectivity allows you to stream music and audio from any app on your smartphone or tablet
- Apple AirPlay 2 compatible with future firmware update
Bose Music App Features:
- set up and control the sound bar from your mobile device
- set and change presets, add music services, configure Amazon Alexa, and manage sound bar settings
- connects the system to your Wi-Fi home network
- run ADAPTiQ audio calibration
- supports MP3, WMA, AAC, and Apple lossless audio formats
- stream from online music services including Pandora, Spotify, Deezer Premium, Amazon Music, TuneIn, SiriusXM, and iHeartRadio (subscription required for some services)
- set up Bose SimpleSync to pair your bar with compatible Bose products (sold separately)
- share the bar's audio with a pair of Bose Noise Cancelling Headphones 700 (headphone volume can be controlled independently)
- group with a compatible Soundlink Bluetooth speaker
Connections and General Info:
- 1 HDMI port
- Audio Return Channel capability for a single-cable connection to your compatible TV
- supports Enhanced Audio Return Channel (eARC)